Part of bedroom redo...

By the look of my last post it's been quite a while since I've posted a blog.  I did however become active with twitter a couple of days again and a new follower today so that she checked out my blog! #embarrassing.  There are so many projects I have been working on and thankfully even a few I've finished since then but I thought I'd stick my toe back in the water with a couple of shots of my bedroom redo.




So this picture is from my iPad so it's not the clearest of all but it gives you an idea. 

I wish I had a picture of my bedroom before.  It was dark dark dark.  No lamps, no curtains, and maroon walls.  My husband picked up and walked out of me and the kiddos last March and as you can expect my bedroom was one of the first things I needed to change. 

So I picked up some paint at Lowes named "wave".  Sounded nice and serene to me.  

Got the beautiful lamps at TJMaxx.  You can't really tell but the shades are a nice dark gray that complements the blue well! :).

I scored the fabric for these curtains at JoAnns for $10/yard on sale from $40/yard!  SCORE!  I had been eyeing this fabric for awhile because I knew I wanted white but they have a design monogrammed in the, so it adds texture!  Love!

The quilt and shams are from Home Goods and again are white with white design for texture.  And just a shout out that a Home Goods will be opening up in my city soon!!!!

And lastly, I made these two little throw pillows from fabric that matches the backs of my bookcases that I made here...





So I backed the two bookcases with the fabric (these were curb side trash).  And the middle part is a bookcase that was cut down for another project - (show you that some other day).  

As you can see there is still work to be done.  I need some things for the top of the bookcase and that frame on the wall that I picked up at a thrift store by the way will end up being painted and I will insert a board with cork and fabric to hang pictures, reminders, inspiration...whatever.  I'm also getting rid of the little green plastic bins and will be inserting some other type of container.  and lastly....I need something hung above my bed....whatcha think?????

































7 comments:

  • Anonymous | March 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM

    Mу ԁevеloper is tryіng tο pеrsuaԁe me to move to .
    net fгom PHP. I hаve always disliked the іdeа because οf the
    сοsts. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WorԁPгess on a number
    of websites fοr about a year and am anxious abоut switching to anothеr рlatfοrm.
    Ι havе heaгd fantastic things about blogenginе.
    net. Is there a wаy I can transfer all my woгdpress content into it?
    Αny kind of hеlp wоuld be greatly apρrесiatеԁ!



    Here is my blоg - lightweight running shoes for women

  • Anonymous | March 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM

    Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard
    against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.

    Any suggestions?

    my website :: Green Tea Diet

  • Anonymous | March 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM

    Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.

    Any recommendations?

    My page ... Www.Allaboutcargopants.Com

  • Anonymous | March 9, 2013 at 12:06 AM

    Hello there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you
    knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm
    having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

    Stop by my website: simply vera wang shoes

  • Anonymous | March 9, 2013 at 1:02 AM

    Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa?
    My site discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I
    think we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you might be interested feel free to shoot me an email.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent
    blog by the way!

    my web-site - catering contract template

  • Anonymous | March 9, 2013 at 1:48 AM

    Hello there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout
    out and say I really enjoy reading your articles.
    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the
    same topics? Appreciate it!

    Feel free to visit my web-site Cst released questions 7Th grade Math

  • Anonymous | March 9, 2013 at 2:28 AM

    I don't know if it's just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering problems with your blog.
    It appears as though some of the written text within your content are running off the screen.

    Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them
    too? This may be a issue with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously. Appreciate it

    my web blog huggies rewards

Post a Comment